Zuna Island Escape takes ‘getting away from it all’ to the next level ticking all of the boxes for a boho beach lifestyle with its white-sand beach, turquoise waters of the Coral Sea and lifetime views of the lapping ocean waves. Make it the getaway of your dreams, or develop Zuna Island Escape as a boutique resort combining business with pleasure. Remote working is a breeze with access to 4G mobile service and high-speed internet.
North-facing oceanfront and 100% off-the-grid, Zuna Island Escape is an eco-friendly private residence with a guest house where every day is like an endless holiday to relax and revitalise. It is an island hideaway created to connect with nature and experience a simpler life. For the adventurous, days are idyllically filled fishing, snorkelling, hiking in the national parklands or diving the coral-rich seas. Cooking the catch-of-the-day on the BBQ while enjoying the ocean views and sipping a cool drink is a highlight.
The primary residence is a one-bedroom cottage with rustic and smart interior finishes constructed using locally sourced timber with sandstone features. Cooled by the sea breezes or air-conditioned to counter the tropical climate, the home is comfortable and easily maintained. With open plan living, modern kitchen and mezzanine bedroom, the cottage comes furnished, equipped and move-in ready. A two-bedroom bungalow offers self-contained furnished and equipped accommodations for the staff or overnight guests. Included are separate storage facilities for the solar components, a back-up generator, maintenance equipment and a workshop. Fresh rainwater fills the tanks that store over 80,000 litres of renewable resources. If developing Zuna Island Escape as an eco-resort is on the agenda, a design concept is included and a license to operate as a bed and breakfast business is also in place.
Like most private islands, Zuna Island is accessible by boat or helicopter. From the Cairns Airport, it is under three hours door-to-door to your island hideaway. One call to Barbara or Lynn starts the conversation to make Zuna Island Escape yours.
· * Zuna Island, 1,000 hectares of national parklands with only two freehold blocks and two leasehold blocks
· North-facing 80 metres of Coral Sea oceanfront
· 100% off-the-grid using renewable resources
· Tenure: Freehold
o Only two freehold lots on Zuna Island
· Land: 4,260 sqm or 1.05 acres
· Main residence: 190 sqm
· Guest bungalow and storage: 350 sqm
· Potential to operate as a boutique resort
· Getting there: 1.5-hour flight from Cairns Airport (14 flights per week) to Horn Island, ferry to Thursday Island, 20 minutes via motorboat or 8 minutes via helicopter direct to Zuna Island Escape
· Medical facilities - Thursday Island Hospital and Medical Precinct
· 80,000-litre water tank