In 1939, legendary Hollywood actress Judy Garland sang, 'Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high, there's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby'. These iconic lyrics epitomise Angelhurst Manor, a 15-acre parcel and private residence nostalgic of an elegant English Manor yet tucked quietly into the Queensland hinterlands of Tamborine. In a lifetime achievement to imagine, curate, and create, Angelhurst Manor takes the phrase 'seeing is believing' to another stratosphere.
In unrestrained showmanship and grandeur, Angelhurst is a fantasy village unto itself with a sandstone block church appointed with vintage lead-glass windows, pub, general store, fire station with a restored 1920s Essex fire engine, an art studio, a motor house to showcase an automobile collection, and its primary residence, the manor house. Built by a Scottish craftsman, the Tudor style four-bedroom home exhibits the meticulous construction of a bygone era with is hand-laid herringbone pattern brick facade, exposed timber beams, and a country-style kitchen.
Chocked with memorabilia, antiques and collectibles, the Angelhurst Manor village includes a circa 1890's steam engine, 1920's movie-house projector, 1930's Case tractor from the US, a 1960's English Rover police car and a custom Gypsy Caravan to use when extra guests come to stay.
Over the last decade, Angelhurst Manor has hosted community events and car shows to benefit Australian charities such as Camp Quality and RSPCA Brisbane. Motoring through its gates were Bentleys, Rolls Royce, Jaguars, Mercedes, and Porsches, and patronised by thousands of guests.
Whether it be as a popular venue for wedding and milestone celebration photography, Angelhurst Manor comes complete with a restored 1983 Bentley Mulsanne limousine if the next owners decide to take advantage of this commercial opportunity.
More than a home and the first time offered in over two decades, Angelhurst Manor is a legacy to share and awaits its succeeding Lord or Lady of the Manor to take residency. Queensland Sotheby's International Realty holds the key to Angelhurst Manor - one call to Mashelle Jones on 0409 490 045 starts the conversation to make it yours.
• Four bedroom Tudor home - exposed timber beams - 428sqm
• Over-sized country style kitchen - room for eight seater dining
• Lounge - dining room complemented by a wood fire - place and exposed beams
• Private bar and lounge area - perfect for entertaining in adjoining living rooms
• Magnificent main bathroom - free standing bath
• Generous size bedrooms, built- in robes, beautiful lead glass windows
• Enormous loft to escape to or to make a fifth bedroom for guests
• Sandstone church with vintage stained glass windows
• Restored 1920's Essex fire engine, art studio, and custom made Gypsy caravan
• Motor house to show case an automobile collection including 1983 Bentley Mulsanne
• 15 acres of flat usable land, manicured grounds, 2 dams
• Ancillary buildings totalling 667sqm, including machinery, garages
• Nearby shops, schools and medical facilities